Dive into the heart of the Badoit springs
SAINT-GALMIER, A PICTURESQUE VILLAGE BUILT ON A HILL OVERLOOKING THE FOREZ PLAIN.
One of the 100 "most beautiful detours in France" where time is suspended, calm and beauty are gently revealed. A town centre with a rich and ancient heritage to discover as you walk along.
Enthusiasts can talk to the master glassmaker, the stone sculptor and the ceramists. Nature lovers will stroll along the river Coise, take a break at the Rose Garden of the Park, quench their thirst at the Badoit kiosk where a spring has been gushing out since Roman times. Welcome to this little jewel of the Rhône-Alpes region.
- Lake Grangent for water sports
- The nautical base of Uronge
- The Château de la Bastie-d'Urfé (Renaissance period)
- The Castle of Couzan (medieval period)
- The Pilat Regional Natural Park
- The Forez Mountains
- The Monts du Lyonnais
- Saint-Etienne with its design city (Unesco), its museum of modern art and its mining museum
- The Hat Museum (Chazelles/Lyon)
- The Château de Bouthéon (Andrézieux-Bouthéon)
- The Castle of Montrond les Bains and its thermal waters
- The Market of Montbrison